Thursday 6 August 2009

E Book


The training E Book is nearing completion. Most of the text has been written and the photos will be taken in a few weeks. This is an incentive to enter another peak phase of dieting once this two week holiday is over.


I've elected to reduce carbs a bit more and increase essential fats, which are vital for encouraging the body to burn fat as energy.


I'm training with low volume and heavy weights at the moment. Generally I do a warm up set of ten reps, the weight stays the same each workout for this. I then perfrom one set of 6-8 reps making sure to increase the reps or weight each workout.


Exercises are predominantly big compound moves, although I am using giant sets on shoulders at the moment.


My body fat % is now below 12% and should dip below 10% in the next month or so.


Many of my clients are now upping the weights and reducing the reps - training is always cyclical. A number are working on increasing their deadlifts so that they can at least lift their own body weight. Two clients are close to lifting twice their own weight. At this rate we may need to arrange a competition.
For all Personal Training services visit www.derekprior.com

1 comment:

derekprior said...

Thank you for taking the time to read the blog.

Foundations for a Better Physique now on Kindle! Get your Kindle here.