Tuesday 22 May 2007

Fat Loss Diet


Both Chutz & myself have finally got serious about fat loss. We've both built a lot of muscle in recent months but we've been careless about nutrition. I generally eat very well throughout the day and then habitually eat out and drink red wine in the evenings. Chutney dials a pizza and downs Asgardian-size kegs of cider.


For eleven days now I've stuck to a nutrtion plan for maintaining as much lean muscle as possible whilst shedding fat. In the first week I reduced my fat percentage by 1%.


Fat loss is quite boring for me but I've found an added motivator on www.bodybuilding.com where I've set up my own "bodyspace" which helps keep track of goals. Each time you enter new physique or lifting stats the site displays a graph charting your progress.


The diet involves only a slight drop in calories, quite a reduction in carbohydrates - chiefly lowering them in the latter part of the day, and high protein. I'm also taking CLA (6g) and Essential Fatty Acids (6g). I've set August 31st as my date for reaching my goal of 10% body fat.

1 comment:

chutterz said...

ahh, the dreaded fat loss. I am actually almost enjoying the challenge this time around so will hopefully get some good progress. Del did my fat percentage today and it was 24.4% which is a little lower than I expected. I aim to reduce this to around 15% in the coming months which should be achievable if I keep the pizza and cider at bay. I allowed myself one day off last weekend but this probably won't be the norm. Here's to reaquqinting myself with my abs!!!

Foundations for a Better Physique now on Kindle! Get your Kindle here.